Yesterday, AMN Healthcare released the results of a recent survey titled Healthcare Professionals Add Social Media to Their Job Search Process, Networking.
AMN received over 1200 respondents answering several questions on their use of social media for things like networking and finding a job. Some of the highlights include:
- Nurses have had a significantly shorter job search than their fellow professionals, averaging three months, compared to just less than seven months for physicians and allied professionals, and nine months for pharmacists.
- 37% of clinicians reported using social media for professional networking; nurses had the highest use among healthcare workers at 41%.
- 64% of the clinicians surveyed would choose Facebook, the clear favorite, if they could choose only one social networking site.
- 10% of healthcare professionals are using mobile job alerts, but only 3% have received an interview, 2% have received a job offer and 1% secured a new job.
- Physicians are by far the heaviest users of mobile devices for professional reasons among their medical colleagues; 37% used healthcare-related applications and 17% used mobile devices for healthcare-related content or jobs.
We have been blogging a lot in the last couple of months about the importance of marketing your heatlhcare staffing agency on social media sites. The results of the AMN social media survey should further validate many of these points.
We encourage you to read the survey. You can download the study for free here on AMN Healthcare's website. Unfortunately, AMN makes finding the download link a bit difficult. They also assume you are a hospital if you are downloading it and require you to fill out too long of a form geared for hospitals. But this post is about social media, not good user interaction design.