Do you see your website as way to increase sales, decrease costs and improve customer loyalty? If not, you're missing out on a huge opportunity. The web is where business is being done today and it all starts with your website. This post is part of a series discussing 10 web marketing tips your healthcare staffing agency should do right now.
2. Update your healthcare staffing agency website. As a healthcare staffing agency, your website is the digital representation of your brand. Your website should be the central point or ‘hub’ for all of your online activities. It’s important that your website contain key components for properly promoting your brand and increasing your sales and recruitment leads.
How do you know if your healthcare staffing agency should update its website?
It’s simple, ask yourself the following questions and count the number of times you say no:
- Is your website generating new leads everyday?
- Are the leads quality leads?
- Are those leads consistently converting to new healthcare staff and hospital clients on the web?
- Is your website lowering the cost of sales and recruiting?
- Can the average user look at your website and know exactly what your healthcare staffing agency does in 8 seconds or less?
- Can you easily post jobs and other content to your website?
- Is the content on your site being updated at least every 2 weeks?
- Does your website differentiate you from your competition?
- Does your site ask your visitors to take any action(s), specifically, the right action(s) you want them to take?
- Is your contact information prominently displayed in multiple, easy to find areas?
- Are you ranking where you want to in the search engines?
- Is it easy to navigate through your site without hidden or buried pages?
- Is it generating repeat traffic and are your visitors spending several minutes on your site?
- Are your blogs and social media platforms integrated into your website?
- How does your site perform in multiple browsers? Especially – Internet Explorer 7/8, and the latest versions of Safari, Chrome and FireFox?
- How does your site perform on multiple platforms? (Have you evern looked at it on a mobile phone or an IPad?) Is the experience on these devices the same as the desktop experience?
- Are you using technologies, such as Flash, that are not compatible with all platforms?
- Is your website less than 3 years old?
- Is your website interesting enough that other people are talking about it or promoting it for you?
- Are you tracking site visits, keyword and site referrals, and conversion events with some form of analytics software?
How did you do?
- I said no to 4 or fewer questions: Congratulations! You’re probably ok for now with your website.
- I said no to 5 – 9 of these questions: It's time to update your site or consider a redesign.
- I said no to 10 or more questions: You’re long over due for a complete website redesign.
If you decide it’s time to update your medical staffing agency's website you first need to determine what your goals are. Keep in mind, every component on your website should be there in order to decrease costs, increase conversions, or improve customer loyalty.
Here are the things to consider:
First impressions. Most website usability studies tell us that the average new user to a website will spend no more than 5 – 8 seconds deciding if they want to further interact with your brand. Therefore, you need to grab their attention quickly. Having a static, brochure site that promotes content similar to that of your competition is not going to get you the attention you’re looking for.
Credibility. Everyone knows staffing is a relationship business. So what do your relationships say about your business? Of course you think your temporary staffing agency is better than all the others. However, self promotion doesn’t go far with new prospects. What do your clients and healthcare professionals say about you? What do leading staffing industry news sources say about you? If your client's testimonials are good and you’re receiving positive press make sure you display such things prominently to help quickly establish your credibility with new visitors.
Authenticity. Many healthcare staffing companies make the same two mistakes on their website that end up hurting the authenticity of their services and their brand. First, they use too many buzzwords when writing their copy. Saying things like “efficiently automating your internal workforce supply process” doesn’t mean anything to anyone. Speak in a natural voice and get your message across clearly.
Mistake number two is using stock photography. Take a look at the picture to the right. How many of you have this guy on your website? Using stock photos hurts your efforts to be different. Have a professional photographer take pictures of you, your employees, your staff and your office, and use these assets in your marketing materials and on your website. It's a great investment toward making your bringing out what is unique about your company. Most often, a good photo shoot isn’t that much more expensive than buying stock photography. However, it goes a long way toward making your company stand out and adds to your authenticity.
Differentiators. What makes your healthcare staffing company unique? What makes healthcare staff chose you over the competition? Identifying your unique traits is key to standing out in the staffing industry. A unique, attractive and interactive website is a great way to set your company apart.
User Experience. When a customer or candidate interacts with your website are they truly experiencing what your brand and services represent? Your website has a key role in delivering the kind of experience you want your prospects to receive. Your healthcare staffing website should be treated as an integral part of your company’s entire service process and make it easier for people to do business with you. Allowing candidates to register with you online and access necessary documents, as well as enabling clients to place orders and monitor their staffing usage online are necessary components of a modern day website.
Content. Content is king when it comes to promoting your brand on the web. The more relevant and interesting content you produce on a consistent basis the better. Your content should also consider keyword research which is the foundation of every good SEO campaign.
Everything from consistency in your messaging, to a quality look goes a long way in the minds of new visitors. Combine this with constant communication from email newsletter campaigns and website interaction points such as scheduling, training, surveys and document storage and you will earn loyal customers.
Sharing. You also need to ensure your website's content can be easily shared. Social media tools and blogging are a great way to help site visitors engage with your content and distribute it for you down their own social media channels. Ensure you have sharing features enabled and prominently displayed throughout your staffing agency’s website.
Up Selling. Often times, the sales process in the healthcare staffing industry can be long and tedious. Many sales reps will focus on selling only one service to get their foot in the door with a client. Once this deal is closed it’s easy to move on to the next client without further selling your existing ones. However, it’s often times much easier to up sell an existing client than it is to bring on a new one. Your website is a perfect opportunity for up selling new and existing clients. By consistently bringing clients back to your site with good content and promotions through social media sites, you have an opportunity to direct them to additional services you provide that they may not know or have forgotten about.
Promotion. Once you have your website completed don’t make the mistake of thinking people will magically find it on their own. It takes a lot of skill, strategy and hard work to get your staffing website promoted and ranking high within the search engines. For most staffing companies, lead generation is the number one goal for their website. A good healthcare staffing website works just as efficiently for you as your internal scheduling application. With an effective Search Engine Optimization strategy your healthcare staffing company will be attracting new healthcare staff, gaining new clients and improving your relationships online 24 hours per day.
Multiple Platforms. Perhaps the biggest technical challenge with your website is making it work consistently across all platforms and all devices. From Macs to PCs, to multiple browsers and browser versions, to a wide array of monitor resolutions and mobile devices, getting your website to look good and work properly for all of your potential users can’t be overlooked. There are many techniques and technologies that can be employed to ensure a good cross browser and mobile web experience.
If you determine that you need a site update or a complete redesign, remember first to figure out your goals. Once your site is completed, the next step is to actively promote it with search and social media strategies. It's also critical that you monitor your site with an analytics tool and use the data to improve your sites performance and usability. If you're in need of a site update, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or a complete website redesign, Staffing Robot can help. Contact us if you have questions or would like a free estimate for your healthcare staffing agency's web project.
Next post – Branding and Rebranding Your Healthcare Staffing Company
In the next post of this series we'll discuss the advantages of creating a unique brand for your healthcare staffing agency. Even if you already have a brand, find out why updating your brand or completely rebranding can provide many benefits to your healthcare staffing agnecy.
When looking into whether or not you should update your site, also consider your websites job board? Don’t have a job board on your website? Then it’s time to talk about Jobbee, a WordPress plugin that integrates your applicant tracking system to your website creating a powerful lead generating job board on your own website. Jobbee integrates with all major VMS’s and ATS’s including Bullhorn and many others. Contact us today to learn more about Jobbee and our other staffing website products and services.